While sleep is crucial to healthy skin, first thing in the morning is also a great opportunity for ensuring your skin look radiant all all day. Obviously, sleep is the first step in naturally healthy skin, but a few simple practices each morning can make all the difference in your skin’s texture, tone, and elasticity, keeping you looking youthful for longer. Try these tricks to jump start your day and your skin!
- Start your day with a glass of room-temperature water: Every night when you go to bed, place a glass of water near your bed and drink it first thing upon waking up. This gets your blood flowing, awakens the body and helps to flush out any toxins for the day. Adding a lemon to your water adds even further benefits and is a simple habit to get into!
- Switch up your exfoliation style: Without exfoliating, dead skin can easily build up, making your skin look dull and and can speed up aging. Try an exfoliator each morning, which will help to slough off the dead skin and keep your skin looking and feeling supple.
- Ice cold to look hot: A chilly new trend amongst Hollywood’s elite has been gaining traction- submerging your face in ice cold water each morning to achieve a rosy flush, akin to walking outside on a crisp day. “The rest of your body heats up and circulation invigorates your complexion. Your pores sort of open and constrict in rapid succession when you step into a warm room.” Says Dendy Engelman, a dermatologist at Manhattan Dermatology and Cosmetic Surgery in NYC. A great, albeit temporary, way to bring some color to your cheeks!
- Eat a Breakfast for Healthy Skin: Nourishing your body inside can also help out to nourish the outside. A morning meal packed with vitamins, probiotics, and antioxidants can only help your skin. Try out the following recipe, from Self Magazine:
- 1 cup of probiotic yogurt
- 1 scoop of Reserveage Nutrition Collagen Replenish Powder
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 handful of frozen grapes
For some products that can help out with your skin, check out Neutratone, an awesome new product that’ll help enhance all of your natural tricks.